sustainability & ESG services
We help organisations at any point in their sustainability journey as they grow in a net-zero future
Why it matters
We are now in the last crucial decade to turn around the damaging decline in environmental degradation – and organisations will either lead the pack, or risk being left behind
Achieving the globally agreed target of 1.5° Celsius warming, and maximum limit of 2° Celsius by end of the century requires:
- A global 50% reduction in CO2e emissions by 2030 and
- A net zero world by 2050
To do it, organisations need to change their ways of working without doing damage to ecosystems, waterways, human populations, and other critical factors for a healthy and sustainable planet
Increasingly key stakeholders are demanding action, and organisations that demonstrate how they will achieve global targets are set to reap the benefits
Regulatory burdens will increase, and already has with Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting regulations in 2019, and future UK Green Taxonomy being phased in from 2021 until 2023 – which will increasingly target larger corporations and non-profit organisations
The business case for sustainability
Pollution and waste are symptoms of an inefficient process. A sustainable organisation identifies where its waste and negative impact on the environment is the greatest, and transform its services, products and operations towards net zero.
- Improved differentiation: organisations that embrace sustainability distinguish themselves from competitors and benefit from an improved perception and reputation
- Growth: by responding to B2C and B2B customers’ sustainability concerns, organisations have greater opportunities to sell products and services, and attract the funding required to support their growth
- Cost savings: reducing pollution and waste reduces costs. Whether it is travel, energy usage, or avoiding carbon tax – being sustainable lowers overheads and operating costs.
- Higher staff productivity and retention: employees increasingly care about the impact of organisations on the planet and society. Having a clearly articulated strategy and engagement programme boosts productivity and retention
- Lower regulatory burdens: Eliminating toxic or energy consuming processes from the way you operate reduces regulatory burdens and reporting requirements
How can we help you
Our sustainability services
We help you identify ESG risks and opportunities, develop sustainability strategies and deliver them successfully. You can rely on our extensive expertise in the sector and our capabilities in strategy, organisational transformation, data analytics and corporate finance.
Identify net zero opportunities
- Evaluating the internal and external conditions that affect the organisation’s sustainability through a double materiality assessment
- Mapping current carbon footprint to identify decarbonisation opportunities and define plans to achieve them
- Informing company strategy, targets, and reporting by assessing potential environmental issues that could affect the organisation and its stakeholders
- Developing new products and services that are carbon neutral or carbon negative
- Reducing carbon emissions and energy usage through a third party spend optimisation using a zero-based budgeting approach
- Redesigning operations based on resource intensity and climate risk analysis, including changes to governance, processes, supply chains, and investment priorities
- Driving cross sector collaborations to decarbonise sectors that require designing solutions with multiple stakeholders across a supply chain
- Changing culture and ways of working by engaging with staff and volunteers on why sustainability matters
Report and communicate
- Reporting carbon emissions against SECR and ESOS by introducing methodologies and tools to collect, analyse and report emissions for scope 1, 2 and 3
- Communicating sustainability ambition, targets and strategy though a compelling sustainability strategy
- Sharing progress, achievements and key information by publishing a sustainability report
Grow sustainable investing
- Enabling organisations to raise sustainable investment to fund innovation and growth
- Redefining investment allocations by considering the total impact of the investment portfolio
- Launching social and environmental impact bonds to fund transformative initiatives
- Evaluating ESG risks for a private equity investment from an initial desktop review to an in-depth assessment of potential environmental liabilities
Spotlight: Sustainability journey for nonprofit organisations
Where are you on your sustainability journey?
Use our sustainability maturity model and diagnostic tool to define your sustainability ambition
Take our Nonprofit Sustainability Maturity Diagnostic
Select case studies
Looking to be able to deliver its services and impact beyond their current fudning, Our Parklife needed a growth strategy that would enable the organisation to be financially sustainable in the long term. Read more...
The company was in need of a statistical model to help them make better decisions about their strategic priorities and hedging strategy - reducing EBITDA volatility and improving the valuation of the company on exit. Read more...
Food & environment strategy
The foundation looked to refine the focus of their strategy and prioritise attention towards areas where they could have the greatest impact. Read more...